Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Occasional Dimes: Memorial Day Edition

  • Amory Lovins (The Future of U.S. Energy): In about an hour, Amory describes his roadmap for getting the U.S. to energy independence using a few simple steps. Business leaders should pay attention to some of his suggestions, there are lots of profits to be made. Includes a cool overview of carbon fiber vehicles.

  • Oil on the Brain: What a great book. It reminded me of two other books I loved (The Travels of a T-Shirt and How Soccer Explains the World), in that it takes a seemingly mundane topic, but wraps it in amazing prose and as a bonus some pretty good "travel" writing. I loved just about every chapter of Oil on the Brain, but I especially dug the chapters on Refineries, the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, Distribution, and Venezuela. I can't wait to read this book again.

  • Health Dialogues: Health Care Reform: Click here for the mp3 file.

  • Digg It! , Bookmark to del.icio.us , My Yahoo! , ATOM Feed

    No comments: